Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Resume Star Wars
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 16:02 by LegendaryExGamer

» We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyDecember 17th 2014, 08:28 by Xeen

» NPC Allies of Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 13:37 by LegendaryExGamer

» Dark Trooper Repair Droid version 1
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyOctober 21st 2014, 14:04 by Xeen

» Vaul Ferros, Ronin
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 04:05 by Disco_Lemonade

» Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyOctober 14th 2014, 17:12 by LegendaryExGamer

» Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 17:21 by LegendaryExGamer

» Clan Campaign
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyAugust 14th 2014, 20:44 by Xeen

» The Battle of KDY and Centerpoint Station (pirates game)
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 EmptyJuly 28th 2014, 16:53 by LegendaryExGamer

Navigation

5 posters

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor

Disco_Lemonade
    Disco_Lemonade
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 Empty Re: We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor

Post  Disco_Lemonade October 14th 2014, 13:13

Indeed, it does sound that way. I think my character will need more than a padawans training manual. Laughing Gotta love enemy 5. Any word on who's showing up Saturday?
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 Empty Imperial Response

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 14th 2014, 14:29

In a meeting aboard a Rebel MC60D Cruiser, Real Admiral Coburn and Princess Leia converse with Grand Moff Ardus Kaine via Banking Clan/Victory Star Destroyer Comm Chain relayed Holonet Communications.

Coburn is talking to the Holo of Kaine and continues to glance Leia's way respectfully from time to time to see her response "I don't see any way around this mess Ardus, I don't want to... Proverbially speaking, throw them under the speeder bus...  However, I don't see any other way out of the predicament."

"It's unfortunate, yet necessary.  We have to distance ourselves from this conflict, regardless of their involvement and how they have aided us in determining the threat and it's overreaching influence.  Until we have a better idea who is behind this, I am backing your decision in this matter" Kain says with some level of discomfort in his admission

"What if, we make this an inroad for all of us?" Leia says to Kaine and Coburn

Kaine lifts an eyebrow "What do you have in mind Princess Organna?  I am open to suggestions."  

Leia thinks for a moment "In an effort to cement our alliance, let us quietly put out a call to members of both of our regimes and accept volunteers to aid them.  Equally pulled from both of Admiral Coburn's forces and mine here in Modell.  We will take every effort to select the least experienced and those with absolutely no advanced knowledge of the situation."  She is about to continue and Coburn steps in, thoughtfully.

"Ardus, what I think she is getting at is that we need to screen the hell out of the volunteers.  The greener the better, in this instance.  We will make it look like they are defectors/mutineers, and effectively placing the dissidents of both camps into the same ship.  That way, while we are not very effective in aiding our friends... we are actually doing them a favor, as well as ourselves."  Coburn states

"So, we will be culling the herds so to speak of all the weakest of our members, ones that can easily be disenfranchised and would likely have nothing to do with this Shadow Organization that is disrupting the galaxy.  The screening process will eliminate the possibility of agents."  he thinks for a moment "I like it, we will only share the actual information of the plan with our friends and we will have them steal a ship.  You know the one I have in mind, that new Rothana ship that arrived late last night.  I would love to have it, after hearing about Rothana and the devastation there, but its best suited in the hands of those that could make a difference."  Then he addresses Leia "Who can we count on to perform the screening process?"

Leia pauses "General Skywalker and General Shelvay will do the digging, we have been fortunate to have found yet another Jedi Master that survived the great purge, Master Aiken whom General Skywalker encountered in his travels.  Between the three of them they should be able to eliminate any deception and find the best candidates for the mission."

"Unless you have any objections Coburn, I am in agreement."

Coburn looks at the two "No, this is the best course of action.  Let's start outfitting the ship for a long voyage, sparing what we can and setting up the deception for the theft of the "Seeker".  "
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 Empty Re: We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor

Post  Xeen October 14th 2014, 15:18

Nice, Aiken = Anaken lol

Hmmm, wonder what the ship is... I did grab a few options for us to use. Like the dreadnaught and a few transports. Granted the Dread is not much use to organics atm.

I will start calling the Meatbags/Meatpopcicles, Organics instead I think... Hmmm maybe

We are going to be alienated so that our actions to not come back to haunt them. Sounds good to me.

A request to the Admiral (for next game): Mandroxan Droid Disabler and as many Demp Carbines (or other Ion weapons) I can get my hands on
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 14th 2014, 15:28

Xeen wrote:Nice, Aiken = Anaken lol

Hmmm, wonder what the ship is... I did grab a few options for us to use. Like the dreadnaught and a few transports. Granted the Dread is not much use to organics atm.

I will start calling the Meatbags/Meatpopcicles, Organics instead I think... Hmmm maybe

We are going to be alienated so that our actions to not come back to haunt them. Sounds good to me.

A request to the Admiral (for next game): Mandroxan Droid Disabler and as many Demp Carbines (or other Ion weapons) I can get my hands on

They don't have anything other than what they are providing you guys. Which, is really almost too much as it is. Essentially, they are providing you with one of the best ships in the galaxy that is massively the hell ahead of the technological curve. (I have to introduce at least one tech from the last game, this might as well be it). Based in an era where tech is becoming scarce, it's an edge you may never see again.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 14th 2014, 15:33

All good. I was wondering if the Seeker was a known ship or something new.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 14th 2014, 15:37

Xeen wrote:All good. I was wondering if the Seeker was a known ship or something new.

It's new, go and look at it in the Gallery
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 Empty Meanwhile in the Galaxy

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 14th 2014, 16:52

The footage pans to a devastated landscape. Explosions still flash here and there in the distance.

The perspective pans to a female Wooronian Holonet News Reporter

"We are bringing you this pirate broadcast courtesy of the League of Commerce, we are sending this to all free worlds via Banking Clan Technology and old relay systems not reliant upon the holonet"

She sweeps the camera over the battlefield "You would never recognize this leveled warzone as a portion of Coruscant, yet this is what we are looking at here today folks." The camera pans back to her and then takes in the entire scene. "We have very unsettling reports from numerous individuals that some, as yet unidentified group is stealing the bodies of the fallen Imperial Storm Troopers. We aren't talking about 'Greyhawking' the dead here. We are talking about people abducting the dead, the dying and the wounded of the battlefields for unknown purposes. Similar reports have been coming in from all across the galaxy..." She gasps "Oh...My...RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" A wave of disruptor fire cuts her down, disintegrating much of her body and drops the cam feed.

This message airs in any location without access to Imperial Holonet and in places like Modell, it takes weeks to get there. Which places it about the next game in the time line.
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 16th 2014, 20:03

I should be good for Saturday, but it will have to be evening for me. I have some family crap I have to attend to before I can get on Skype.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 16th 2014, 20:34

Valtorious wrote:I should be good for Saturday, but it will have to be evening for me.  I have some family crap I have to attend to before I can get on Skype.  

Todd and I ordered a new, more hard-core, mic for the skype session so you can hear everyone in all their glory from every part of the room. Even my fapping it off camera....
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 17th 2014, 19:21

LegendaryExGamer wrote:
    Valtorious wrote:I should be good for Saturday, but it will have to be evening for me.  I have some family crap I have to attend to before I can get on Skype.  

Todd and I ordered a new, more hard-core, mic for the skype session so you can hear everyone in all their glory from every part of the room.  Even my fapping it off camera....

Sweet.
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 19th 2014, 17:35

That new mic worked out really well last night. I could definitely hear much better. Justin, was wondering if you could get me the stats on our new ship. I heard most of it last night but didn't have time to write a lot of it down. Also, I know that you said you wanted to flesh out those 20 characters that were part of my crew. Do you just want to some of it. You could tell me what you want, like say I had 1 pilot, 2 soldiers, ect ect and I could give them names. You could just tell me how many attribute and skill points they had. I figure that would make it easier on you and give me something to do when I'm not stroking.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 19th 2014, 18:14

When exactly is it that you are not stroking?

So here is the tricky question... Were you Fapping while we were playing Saturday? Did you Fap more during last game?

I ask this because you either thought I or Chris was hot, and I am curious which you found hotter.
    Disco_Lemonade
    Disco_Lemonade
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Disco_Lemonade October 19th 2014, 19:50

We have a new destination for next game; BESPIN MOFO's! We have a lead on a Jedi that may be able to shed some light on this current plot.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 20th 2014, 11:28

Whats the lead?
    Disco_Lemonade
    Disco_Lemonade
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Disco_Lemonade October 20th 2014, 11:55

A Jedi named Relan Grey, who's been identified in the training manual given to me by Novak, has encountered and possibly battled "The Master" once before. At the very least, speaking with him may shed some light on the extent of what we face.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 20th 2014, 14:06

Cool, we can check that out. What made you think he is at Bespin?

I also want to make a run for the Arc Hammer. Before we do I need to get some demp/Ion guns setup for us. We may need to get some more skills first lol...

Disco_Lemonade
    Disco_Lemonade
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Disco_Lemonade October 20th 2014, 14:48

I spoke with General Rebel Jedi guy, in private, about some things. He was familiar with Grey and mentioned he was a big gambler and Bespin used to be a haunt for him. He's also been flying the same Red Thorn class scout ship for a long, long, time. There may be a way to track that vessel.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 20th 2014, 16:34

Corwin Shelvey

Cool, and maybe we can even find IG88 there!!! Suspect

One thing is for sure, we can get supplies like tibanna gas while we are there. I dont think we need much if any for our capital ship, but the fighters and other equipment will need it.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 21st 2014, 09:22

Ok, for the next game. My thoughts are this.

Organization:
    -Adrian is in charge of the military assets. He has the command skills and is an officer.
    -Aaron is in charge of any cov ops we have. Again, he is skilled in that department.
    -I will take over the tech department.
    -If anyone else shows up here on the forums then we can talk about their role... but I havent seen anyone else on here for at least a month.

New Recruits:
    Once we break our new crew out of prison and capture our ship, we need to start training. I am thinking we take at least a month to do this. Everyone will have something to train. We also need to get our new crew working as a team, they need to know what their job is and be competent. They also need to have personal combat skills, we want anyone who tries to board our ship to regret it.

-Adrian and Aaron can train combat skills
    -Adrian and I can train leadership skills
    -Chris and I can train tech skills
    -Adrian can run combat drills
    -Aaron can run cov ops drills
    -I can make everyone crap their pants

Ships:
    I am going to turn the three ships we took along and make them into one. The Hawk will be that one. The cloak and any other system I can will be taken off the Scimitar. The ion cannons and shields minimum will be taken off of the Skipray. I will strip them down to nothing and try to use every component possible. The Hawk will lose a lot of cargo space as I am going to make extra weapons hidden, add a large shield generator and some guns, Increase the Hull, modify the cockpit, add in the cloak, Increase Maneuverability, Increase space, upgrade the sensors, and give it an additional power generator. This damn thing will be a nightmare to our enemies.

For our TIE fighters, I am going to break down Vaders TIE and study it. Also I am going to take 2 of the TIE/IN's we have and strip them to upgrade the 2 Interceptors I brought along. This will give a couple better fighters for our squad commander and his second in command. I intend to upgrade the other TIE's later on but this is what I have for now.

I will also be coordinating my mouse droids to comb every square inch of our new base of operations. Try to put together a schematic and see if there is anything I can upgrade or improve easily.
    Disco_Lemonade
    Disco_Lemonade
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Disco_Lemonade October 21st 2014, 09:59

I don't have an issue with that breakdown but, if you plan on scrapping the skip-ray for parts, I would like another hyperspace capable vessel of my own for personal missions.

Further specification;

I will be training CQB, evasion, stealth, search/investigation, and others as I see fit.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 21st 2014, 11:18

We all need our own personal ships... Just not sure what we can use that will fit in our bay space, I will do some digging. If you want a fighter, I can work towards making you a Vader TIE. The reason for breaking down the skipray is that its really only a short range ship, and it can make our group ship pretty damn powerful.

You can train as you want, but the better we can make each other the better off we are all together.  

Also, pass me one of the crate of lightsabers you have. Maybe I can make some improvements.

@Justin: Our bays on the ship... Once we are down to the one group ship, we will have 2x 20 meter bays left. Is that 20x20x20? I have an idea that can get us some personal ships, just need a bit more info.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 Empty Advantages and Disadvantages

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 21st 2014, 12:06

I need to make a clarification on the Advantages. I looked up the information I had written about Ambidexterity. There is NO PLACE IN THAT TEXT THAT SUGGESTS THAT YOU CAN PERFORM TWO FULL ACTIONS for free.

It Originally stated that you can "Dual Wield and perform 2 SIMPLE actions as if they were one." Swinging a lightsaber is not a simple action. It further described in an example, "Pulling the trigger on 2 blasters as one action"

I know I've said that you can parry and strike and you can. But you're only going to get that bonus if that's all you do, and it's still going to be considered 2 actions.

For clarification, all characters in the game can generally perform 2 simple actions for nothing. Simple actions are basic, flip a switch kind of actions. I may even modify this into allowing for blasters to be even more lethal, saying that the first 2 trigger pulls are free (Ambidextrous/off hand would then equal 4 shots) before accruing multiple action penalties. However, we will deal with that later.

Here are the clarified rules on this:
    AMBIDEXTROUS, Cost: 1D, Can take this only at Character Creation. Description: Your Character is Ambidextrous, and can use both hands equally well. Ambidexterity keeps the DR equal for the off-hand when using Dexterity rolls. Without this Special Ability, actions suffer a –2D penalty. Certain actions can be performed that would normally equal 2 actions (2 SIMPLE actions in the place of 1, Firing 2 Blasters simultaneously, etc). Note, this does not give you a free attack or parry, though parrying with the off hand will confer a 1/2 the normal full parry buff, ONLY if you parry and strike (still considered 2 actions), additional actions will negate this bonus. A full round parry, will confer the full parry bonus of the primary hand and 1/2 the bonus of the other base parry modifier.

Thus in the case of a lightsaber wielding individual with Ambidexterity, who is performing 2 actions (strike and parry) You get a 10 point buff (1/2 of a full parry) to your defense and you still swing as normal. Using 2 blasters you can pull both triggers in the first action and get ONE 2 for 1 bonus. If you Full round Parry, you get both the full 20 point parry + the 10 point off hand bonus + your parry roll.

That's how I ran it in the game and that's what we're sticking with. If anyone has a problem with anything they had damn well better have a copy of the rules in front of them explaining the issue. Then we can work on tweaking the rule sets as necessary.

None of the Advantages have been changed since I handed out a PDF of the rules to everyone. So, you all might want to read the rules rather than assuming the rules meant something else they did not.

I will be distributing an updated PDF at the end of this week for everyone to review. As always suggestions that are effective are always considered. I have incorporated many suggestions from people over the years I have been working on this. Notable changes and credits go out to Todd and Aaron who have contributed a lot to the development of the guide. I would like all of you to be active in this.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor - Page 2 Empty Comminication

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 21st 2014, 12:20

Something else I will make a note of. If you guys are all a unified party. You guys need to start talking to one another like people, not as your characters. Role Playing is always welcome, but I think the breakdown in communication is, and always has been, because people look at their characters and their personal (unknown) motivations and they don't share shit with the group.

TALK to each other as the friends we are. Not as your piece of fucking paper, imaginary character. Twisted Evil

When to roleplay? That's when I'm talking to you as some NPC D-Bag or describing a scenario or telling you what shit is being thrown at you, shot at you or whatever.
    -You can roleplay among your fellow players when it's appropriate.

When not to Roleplay? When you are making group plans. SPILL THE FUCKING BEANS PEOPLE! If you know something that's secret, tell people. If those people break the real world knowledge vs roleplaying knowledge thing, I will spank them for it. As a group you all need to be sharing the information together.
    -You don't have to play in character when you are asking if something is viable or not.

Start sharing info, NOW. It will make you guys all a more effective team.

Stuff to share: Books, coordinates, objectives, contacts, food, etc.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 21st 2014, 16:03

The thing I can think of that I have not talked much about is that I have Authority over the Empires Dark Trooper Project. I also took a 3D advantage/flaw to go with it.

So... I know the last location of the new Arc Hammer. I also know that the Imperial Core of Engineers found it and took it. I just need to take it back from them... which will not be easy as we will end up fighting Dark Trooper Phase III's.

Not sure what else I have not completely shared. I only talked about this one a little as we will get turned into blood mist if we go after it now.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 21st 2014, 17:03

Xeen wrote:The thing I can think of that I have not talked much about is that I have Authority over the Empires Dark Trooper Project. I also took a 3D advantage/flaw to go with it.

So... I know the last location of the new Arc Hammer. I also know that the Imperial Core of Engineers found it and took it. I just need to take it back from them... which will not be easy as we will end up fighting Dark Trooper Phase III's.

Not sure what else I have not completely shared. I only talked about this one a little as we will get turned into blood mist if we go after it now.

My two posts aren't meant to kill people or truly hammer the crap out of them. It's more so that we don't end up squabbling in each game for over an hour. That shit doesn't need to be there. What needs to be there is "Here in the book you say that Scale modifiers technically start at Destroyer (traditional D6 Capital Scale) and I understand that scales under it get less HP, but don't you think it's too much detail?" Stuff like that, I don't think its too much detail at all, this is an example of someone possibly pointing something out about the rules.

If we in the course of the game, encounter issues that just don't seem to work then we need to all look at the rules and make a note of it and move on. I can then post up revisions and we can pick at it until it actually works correctly. Force abilities are going to start getting a bit more scrutiny as well. We have to figure out the balance between the attribute and the actual skills. I may have to make certain things much harder to pull off while others easier.

As for the sharing of info with the group, I'm telling you guys to put all your cards on the table. Hell, share your character sheets so you all get familiar with one another's abilities and then when you are presented with a situation you're all going to gel properly and battles and situations will always be more dynamic and fluid.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 22:23