Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Resume Star Wars
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 16:02 by LegendaryExGamer

» We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyDecember 17th 2014, 08:28 by Xeen

» NPC Allies of Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 13:37 by LegendaryExGamer

» Dark Trooper Repair Droid version 1
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyOctober 21st 2014, 14:04 by Xeen

» Vaul Ferros, Ronin
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 04:05 by Disco_Lemonade

» Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyOctober 14th 2014, 17:12 by LegendaryExGamer

» Star Wars Executor
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 17:21 by LegendaryExGamer

» Clan Campaign
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyAugust 14th 2014, 20:44 by Xeen

» The Battle of KDY and Centerpoint Station (pirates game)
We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor EmptyJuly 28th 2014, 16:53 by LegendaryExGamer

Navigation

5 posters

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor

Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor Empty We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor

Post  Xeen September 22nd 2014, 14:24

Star Wars Executor discussion here

What now people?

My plan is to salvage everything possible while we make repairs to the Executor and get a ship going for the rebels.

Salvage:
    Start by getting anything with a hyperdrive up and running... even if at a limp
    Jam above ships with everything that can be crammed in any space
    Ships that are able to make multiple jumps, Dump at a predetermined location and come back for more (location will be near Endor)

Life support or other meat concerns will not be addressed for this affraid
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor Empty Re: We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor

Post  Valtorious September 25th 2014, 19:21

I'm going to really have to look over some of this stuff.  But I don't think I'll be making another character.  So far I really like this one.  

As far as what Xeen was talking about...that sounds like a plan.  Also, my character personally will be trying to determine what are ground forces look like and organize them.  Also, although he his a sniper through and through, he has found that he has a knack for tactics and will be looking for any Infantry and Capital ship tactical manuals in the ships data banks to study.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor Empty Re: We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor

Post  LegendaryExGamer September 25th 2014, 20:14

Valtorious wrote:I'm going to really have to look over some of this stuff.  But I don't think I'll be making another character.  So far I really like this one.  

As far as what Xeen was talking about...that sounds like a plan.  Also, my character personally will be trying to determine what are ground forces look like and organize them.  Also, although he his a sniper through and through, he has found that he has a knack for tactics and will be looking for any Infantry and Capital ship tactical manuals in the ships data banks to study.

Your perks will change a bit but you will have room for more. The tactical briefings are all viewable in the Admiral's Holo ready room
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious September 26th 2014, 15:10

I'm on board for anything, I'm simply trying to fill in the blanks of what we need at this time. As far as Grand Admirals, Emperor's Hands, ect. coming to get the ship (speaking for myself) I welcome it. The Empire is in flames and anyone strong enough to douse the fires is my new leader. If no one is stepping up or involved in petty squabbles or power grabs, as an officer who respects his oath and duty to the Empire, I'll do it.

But if a Grand Admiral showed up right now and said "I'm taking over, let's start stabilizing systems", right on. Back to sniping for me. I was already willing to turn over command of the ship to a Captain who outranked me as an Lt....so a Grand Admiral would be even better. But until then, I'm going to continue trying to organize our crew and watching the events happening in the different systems. I'm also going to try and learn tactics because although I know this is not meant to be a capital ships battle game, my character feels that until someone else who actually knows what they are doing steps up and takes charge, I fell it is my duty as an Imperial Officer to fill the roles that I am either assigned (or in this case, thrust into) to the best of my ability.

I also realize with my basic tactical training that when I took command of the Executor during the Battle of Endor, I took command of a Super Star Destroyer which had sustained little, if no damage, and charged into a fight in which the enemy officers were otherwise occupied and their ships already damaged. I just laid down some basic tactics an rallied the troops...which was necessary but not all that complicated. Not down playing my achievements both on the ground and in space, especially having such a large impact as a young Lt. in such a large battle, but my tactical succeeded basically because I convinced the crew to shoot a shit ton of missles at the enemy. If rebels, or anyone for that matter, came back and attacked us as we speak, our only advantage would be the Executor itself since tactically I will be at a loss.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor Empty Topic Cleanup

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 1st 2014, 10:28

I wiped a lot of the commentary because none of it turned out to be productive to the game (including my rants).  I am still working on the perks, though they are likely to get tweaked a bit yet.

The Basic are the following:
    You guys get 5D (roughly equivalent to 10 points)
    You can take up to 5D in negatives
    So you can have a total of 10D in Advantages/Perks

They have all been re-balanced.  The "(D)ie" codes have all been revamped.  Some previous 5 point powers are now closer to what you would have considered 10 pointers before.

If you all adhered to the 10 point maximum before, this will be very easy.  You will pick some disadvantages and (very likely) end up picking up some more advantages.  If your perks/Advantages were very powerful, you will end up picking up just disadvantages.

Everyone should have 11D Skills, 18D attributes, 10 Skill points + 25 Skill points I awarded for the two sessions + no more than 10D (after choosing 5D Disadvantages) advantages & 5D disadvantages.  Anyone missing the second part of the session is behind by 10 CP (you only get 15).  

Awards this time around are for time played, activity, participation, and you absolutely have to be at the game or be skyping in.  

If you die, your points don't transfer.  You make a new character.  I will determine what is fair to level the field if that happens.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor Empty The Next Game

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 1st 2014, 11:16

Now, with the above being said:

I need the group to make a choice, prior to the game, as to what you are doing INITIALLY.  It will have a massive impact upon how the game STARTS.

The options you have are (as I see them) as follows:
    Repair the Executor's damage.  She has more than a fair amount of hull damage, the bridge is largely destroyed, sensors are degraded, some weapons are inoperative and all missiles have been depleted.
    -The ship is packed with refugees, Rebel and Imperial alike: Roughly Triple Crew, 1/3 Rebel, the rest Imperial.  Tensions are relatively high on the ship, there are murmurs of mutiny (from both sides of the fence).  
    -The Rebels are largely being kept in line by an older (Late 40's early to mid 50's) Jedi General, Corwin Shelvay.  He's about the only thing that's keeping them from going nuts and starting a corridor fight that would span the length of the ship.  (Hint-Hint, you want to keep him alive because he's been largely cooperative)
    -The ship is packed with support craft and ships that had damage hyperdrives.
    -The actual listing of functional craft / Gear:
    1 Gamma Assault Shuttle
    1 Lambda Shuttle
    1 Skipray Blast Boat
    1 Assault Gunboat
    1 TIE GT
    1 TIE Avenger
    1 TIE Advanced x1
    12 TIE Shuttles
    10 - 100 Man - Escape Pods (no hyperdrive)
    2 Landing Barges
    1 Prefab Garrison
    2 AT-AT
    4 AT-ST
    100 Imperial Speeder Bikes
    144 TIE\LN Fighters
    12 TIE Interceptors
    1 Corellian Corvette, Rebel Markings, not a scratch on it.  
    -List of Damaged Craft:
    192 Damaged TIE fighters, they are largely inoperable.  Missing core pieces, breached hulls, etc.
    32 Damaged TIE Interceptors, non functional as above.
    2 Lambda Shuttles, damaged Hyperdrives, hull breaches
    1 Corellian Corvette, Reactor breached and jettisoned (Heavily damaged) (Crewed on Battery power and losing life support)
    1 Bulk Cruiser "the Flurry"- the Bridge is split from the Cargo Bay. (Crippled)
    24 Z-95 AF4 fighter craft all heavily damaged but flyable (no hyperdrive)
    3 Z-95 AF5 Fighters, hull damage only(HP), no hyperdrive
    Miscellaneous pieces of over 100 Zebra Fighters, enough parts to build 25
    3 Zebra Mark II's, Heavily Damaged, No Hyperdrive
    1 Pinook Starfighter, damaged (Light) Hyperdrive motivator, otherwise, only hull damage(HP)
    3 X-Wing Fighters Crippled
    1 B-Wing Crippled
    2 Y-Wings Heavily Damaged
    5 T-Wings Crippled
    1 Supa Fighter Moderate Damage, hyperdrive destroyed
    47 Toscan Q-8's in various stages Severely Damaged
    11 R-41 Star Chasers - all Crippled
    3 Gauntlet Fighters Severely Damaged
    1 Cloakshape Fighter Lightly Damaged, no Hyperdrive
    1 Whitecloak Fighter, Engine Crippled, hyperdrive off-line
    37 V-19 Torrents in varis stages of Heavily damaged and worse
    3 H-Wing Bombers, all engines missing, hyperdrives off-line
    1 CS-600 "The Ace of Sabers" Currently crewed by some kid calling himself General Grant, a R4 Droid with a Polygon for a head with numbers etched all over it and many scorch marks, and a Servant Droid named Jeeves.  
    The Ship is in flawless condition, 2 Gun Wells with heavy Blaster armaments, 2 Torpedo Bays with 32 Proton Torpedos (24 Missing) and Heavy shields.    
    15 Arc-170's All severely damaged
    111 V-Wing Fighters in pieces, salvage might put 21 back together
    1 Severely Damaged A-Wing, Missing one engine and wing/gun
    1 Katarn Boarding Shuttle Heavily Damaged
    1 Corellian Gunship (Crippled) Multiple hull breaches, aft ammo explosion (engines gone)
    1 Dreadnought Cruiser, with rebel Markings, Crippled, Multiple hull breaches, venting poisonous engine reactants into the ship.  (Crewed by Rebels trapped in the forward section of the ship)
    1 HWK-300 Light Freighter / Courier Heavily Damaged, several engines require attention, -6 Space, Hyperdrive offline, Missing Speeder Scale Armament, half it's laser cannons damaged.
    3 Ghtroc 720 Type II - All configured as assault Gunships (7 Gunwells with Corellian Quads, 2 Torpedo Launchers, 2 Concussion Missile Launchers, Space: 6)  Crippled, hull breaches
    1 MC 60, 1,000 Meters, heavily Damaged, Hyperdrive and Backup Hyperdrive severely damaged.  Otherwise, it appears to be in really good condition. (Crewed by Rebels still)
    1 Nebulon-B "Medical Frigate" Heavily Damaged  (Crewed by Rebels Still)

Run... You can leave the area immediately, leaving behind the majority of the salvage and not repairing anything.  Need to know where, and why and how you would know (if it's some insane choice).

Call for help...  You are Imperials and you just, technically, won the space battle...
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 1st 2014, 12:36

My options:

Call for backup, we have some options that are close by I believe.

If we have any idea of what is going on in the galaxy right now, relay this to everyone including the Rebels.

Repair the Hyperdrive on the MC80, strip off it what ever will make enough room to jam ALL the rebels onto it and send em on their way. (The shield generator will be taken) We should include taking the rebels off the other ships. If we won the day, then that is our salvage lol.

Get repairs going on the Executor, followed by any of the other ships so we can have some form of support. Get everything flight capable or strip it. Some of this would take a long time, but meh, Worth doing while we wait for backup.

Other things of note: (done in game, outa game, whatever)(not in a particular order)
    -Our starfighter ace is now commanding the ship, I will be investigating the Avenger and the Advanced, will not ask for permission
    -Have a chat with General Grants Droids, and him I guess
    -Investigate the Mon Cal Shield Generator
    -Investigate The Corellian Corvette with no damage
    -Look for interesting droids, use droids to do as much work as possible (medical frigate droids are high on list)
    -Check into cloak shape fighters
    -Damaged Lambda? Whos was that?

Lots more I could do, but Will wait for other responses
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 1st 2014, 15:02

My information to share:

I have contacted Rear Admiral Coburn for assistance. He will Arrive in 4 days. He has sent me video of the mass chaos in the galaxy. Everyone is killing each other. Imperials fighting Imperials, Rebels fighting Rebels... Mass Hysteria.

There is an Imperial General in a coma on one lambda, and the Chimera's bridge crew (minus Palleon) on the other.

Grand Moff Ardus Kaine has formed a truce with the Rebel Alliance.
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 1st 2014, 20:12

As for Saturday.....I should be home no later than 5:00 pm (4 for you guys).

As to the game....
    I just need a little clarification about a few things. As far as the Empire....is there one anymore? How fractioned is it? Is Rear Admiral Coburn coming as a representative of the Empire or is he coming to take this ship for his own gain?

As far as the Rebels are concerned....I think our Droid has the right idea. Let's get them a functioning ship to leave on with food and medical supplies for their wounded. Since a truce has been called By the Grand Admiral (like previously asked, is this guy speaking for the Empire or for his forces only?) we need to inform the Rebels on our ship of that fact. If needed, I will personally talk to the Rebel General/Jedi and any of his mutinous subordinates to calm some nerves and hope that my words will carry some weight since I did order us to rescue them from certain death aboard burning ships. Maybe they will take into consideration that they have also been treated well (to my knowledge) since being brought aboard.

At this point, I am torn on my next actions. I don't know how much time has gone by since the battle of Endor, but I am seriously questioning if there even is an Imperial Empire anymore? I will continue to monitor comms and try to assess the situation in the galaxy and try to determine which warring faction can legitimately claim to be the true Empire...if any. Until then, I will keep trying to organize the crew so that the best people are in the best positions again...make sure the mess halls are up and running so we have food to accommodate are large numbers, and make sure the medics have whatever it is they need to care for the wounded.

LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 2nd 2014, 14:42

Valtorious wrote:As for Saturday.....I should be home no later than 5:00 pm (4 for you guys).  

As to the game....
    I just need a little clarification about a few things.  As far as the Empire....is there one anymore?  How fractioned is it?  Is Rear Admiral Coburn coming as a representative of the Empire or is he coming to take this ship for his own gain?  

It's been a week. The Empire is still the Empire without an Emperor. Whether you chose to serve in the remains of that structure after the death of the Emperor is your choice. The faction coming in to take possession of the Executor is part of the same Empire that you served a week ago. If you don't want to relinquish command of the Executor, you can expect a fight INSIDE and outside of the ship. Hundreds of thousands of Rebel and Imperial refugees will likely rise up and try to kill those in control. Because 4 warships shelling your ship will not be very welcome with all those people who can do nothing crammed inside the ship.
    Do you care who takes the ship? They outrank everyone on the ship, pure and simple.

However, you do recognize the name of the Rear Admiral coming to aid/take possession of the ship. Rear Admiral Coburn is a generation officer. His Grandfather was an Admiral of the Old Republic and the birth of the Empire, his Father was an Old Republic Capitan and an Admiral in the Empire until recently and he is now an admiral, at the age of 30, in the Empire... now fragmented Empire. So, either he's good or he just got grandfathered in so to speak. You should count on the former with his knowledge and experience coming from over 100 years of family service.

He states that he is under orders from Grand Moff Ardus Kaine. Kaine is about as close to a successor to the throne as you can get in the empire.

So, what would happen if the President of the United States was assassinated? And there was chaos in the streets of the US and you were part of the active army as a Lieutenant? What would you do? Just quit? So when the Vice President grabbed onto the reigns of leadership you would abandon your post? I doubt it. The repercussions in that scenario would be worse than this one. You can do what you want to do, but the guy coming represents the most legitimate unified force with a command structure still intact. It appears from the intel you have now, (between Aaron's clearance and Coburn's footage confirming much of what you already knew) that they represent the only side of the conflict that doesn't seem to be utterly fragmenting. Likely due to Kaine's masterful political ability and a couple really talented individuals he reached out to immediately as things began to crumble.

As far as the Rebels are concerned....I think our Droid has the right idea.  Let's get them a functioning ship to leave on with food and medical supplies for their wounded.  Since a truce has been called  By the Grand Admiral (like previously asked, is this guy speaking for the Empire or for his forces only?) we need to inform the Rebels on our ship of that fact.  If needed, I will personally talk to the Rebel General/Jedi and any of his mutinous subordinates to calm some nerves and hope that my words will carry some weight since I did order us to rescue them from certain death aboard burning ships.  Maybe they will take into consideration that they have also been treated well (to my knowledge) since being brought aboard.  

Mutiny whispers are coming from Imperials just as much (if not more) than it is coming from the Rebels. Everyone on the ship is armed, including the Rebels. Talking them all down is a good thing, you have to do some damage control and you're gonna be up to your eyeballs in the shitstorm that's rolling through your crews with people ranging from outright hatred, utter loss and some in the throes of madness to people ready to storm the bridge and start a firefight with the rebel survivors... just because. You get to work on this immediately and Corwin Shelvay joins you to form a unified front of Imperial and Rebel working together, and it doesn't hurt having someone by your side that inspires immediate respect and fear as well as a person that can effectively read the emotions of the mobs of people you are facing. He does nothing but help you quell the situation whispering the current mood of the mobs to you and helps you by a wave of his hand here and there, inducing tranquility and suggestibility into your people where and when he can.

At this point, I am torn on my next actions.  I don't know how much time has gone by since the battle of Endor, but I am seriously questioning if there even is an Imperial Empire anymore?  I will continue to monitor comms and try to assess the situation in the galaxy and try to determine which warring faction can legitimately claim to be the true Empire...if any.  Until then, I will keep trying to organize the crew so that the best people are in the best positions again...make sure the mess halls are up and running so we have food to accommodate are large numbers, and make sure the medics have whatever it is they need to care for the wounded.  

1 Weeks time, the galaxy is a mess. You really can't do anything with your primary comm arrays sheared off. You run administrative duties to get people back into the proper places, which means you start compiling a core group of people that will aid you in coming through personnel files and placement. You have a 20 Man team of people and 1 Woman working with you on coordinating re-assignment. The job never ends, and you will be haggard, sleep deprived and ready to collapse at the end of 4 days.

Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 2nd 2014, 16:06

I think maybe my I was misunderstood. As a player, my Star Wars lore is a little rusty, but my character is a loyal Imperial. Lt. Jamie Harrington's (me) only concern was who exactly was coming to get the ship and for what purpose and who they aligned themselves with. My questions were simply trying to determine if there was still an Empire and who would be the most legitimate chain of command I could follow. So I'm pleased to hear the Admiral is coming. In all honesty...if there was no discernable heir to the thrown like the Grand Moff...I would have held on to the ship as long as I could as I tried to figure out who to support. And depending on who was coming to take the ship, I might have considered self-destruct.

I show General Corwin Shelvay the utmost respect. I try as hard as I can to make sure the Rebels and the Imps are separated and I make it very clear to both sides that our current leaders have declared a truce and that the chain of command still applies. With the Rebs I try to pacify any fears and I will defer to Shelvay's opinions unless I think he is way off on something. As far as the Imps go, I will try to motivate them instead of instill any type of fear. We are The Empire, and even though our losses were great, we did win the battle. Now our orders have changed and we are to get this ship in tip top shape to the best of our ability so we may better serve the Empire.

Last....I work until I drop....then I get up and work some more. I try to delegate as much of the admin stuff as I can, and I will try and utilize any expertise the Droid who saved the Exequtor (Todd) has. I know he can organize the droids, so I ask him to try and get them to aid the repairs however they can. (I am still curious to what he hell was happening with the droids when I boarded the ship, I have forgotten their weird behavior....I just to prioritize it as important at the moment.)

Oh, and that being said....I can't quite remember all the ship types...but with all the Rebs we currently have on board, do we have enough ships to get them off? I'm uncertain how many we have on board and how many something like a Corvette could hold if we got some of them running. And if we are going to barter with the Rebel General...I know our Droid has shown some interest in the schematics for that shield generator on that one ship. I will try and barter with the general for it. My end goal is to get the rebs off the ship...soon. If we could pull it off before the Admiral shows, that would be great. I make it clear that I am willing to be flexible and fair with the General, but he has to realize that my authority ends the minute Admiral Coburn arrives. And I honestly don't know how he will treat them compared to me.

LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 2nd 2014, 16:47

Valtorious wrote:I think maybe my I was misunderstood.  As a player, my Star Wars lore is a little rusty, but my character is a loyal Imperial.  Lt. Jamie Harrington's (me) only concern was who exactly was coming to get the ship and for what purpose and who they aligned themselves with.  My questions were simply trying to determine if there was still an Empire and who would be the most legitimate chain of command I could follow.  So I'm pleased to hear the Admiral is coming.  In all honesty...if there was no discernable heir to the thrown like the Grand Moff...I would have held on to the ship as long as I could as I tried to figure out who to support.  And depending on who was coming to take the ship, I might have considered self-destruct.  

I'm not worried about your knowledge level of the universe.  I was bluntly describing the situation.  Still, as a loyal imperial you may not want to side with anyone.  It's an option to allow you to wait for the dust to settle and see who is the last man standing and then figure out if you want to follow them and their vision of the empire.  This faction will lose some of the Imperial Identity and become the Pentastar Alignment over time.  It will more than less still be the Empire, just not the Empire as you knew it.

I show General Corwin Shelvay the utmost respect.  I try as hard as I can to make sure the Rebels and the Imps are separated and I make it very clear to both sides that our current leaders have declared a truce and that the chain of command still applies.  With the Rebs I try to pacify any fears and I will defer to Shelvay's opinions unless I think he is way off on something.  As far as the Imps go, I will try to motivate them instead of instill any type of fear.  We are The Empire, and even though our losses were great, we did win the battle.  Now our orders have changed and we are to get this ship in tip top shape to the best of our ability so we may better serve the Empire.  

Corwin is completely complimentary as I was getting at earlier.  between the two of you working in unison the Mutinous tensions lessen but do not entirely subside.  It's the best you can do in a couple hours singling out the worst of the dissident mobs.

Last....I work until I drop....then I get up and work some more.  I try to delegate as much of the admin stuff as I can, and I will try and utilize any expertise the Droid who saved the Executor (Todd) has.  I know he can organize the droids, so I ask him to try and get them to aid the repairs however they can.  (I am still curious to what he hell was happening with the droids when I boarded the ship, I have forgotten their weird behavior....I just to prioritize it as important at the moment.)

In the event that you are wondering.  The 21 Individuals I told you that help you through all the work will form the core group of loyal "retainers" that will likely follow you into the mouth of hell and certain death.  I had mentioned earlier, possibly, that you earned a lot of respect.  These 21 individuals are people you are going to want to take with you, develop and even (eventually) send on missions.  It is the benefit of roleplaying and a bonus for your actions of saving people.  They are all Imperials, even the woman.

Oh, and that being said....I can't quite remember all the ship types...but with all the Rebs we currently have on board, do we have enough ships to get them off?  I'm uncertain how many we have on board and how many something like a Corvette could hold if we got some of them running.  And if we are going to barter with the Rebel General...I know our Droid has shown some interest in the schematics for that shield generator on that one ship.  I will try and barter with the general for it.  My end goal is to get the rebs off the ship...soon.  If we could pull it off before the Admiral shows, that would be great.  I make it clear that I am willing to be flexible and fair with the General, but he has to realize that my authority ends the minute Admiral Coburn arrives.  And I honestly don't know how he will treat them compared to me.  

They have a couple ships left that you will aid in repairing (Like the Flurry, MC60, Medical Frigate, etc) and there are more ships en-route to help offload them.  All of you (Imperial and Rebel) will be moving to backwater Imperial holdings in this sector to assess the situation, offer triage and begin sorting out the chaos in the galaxy, together.  The emissaries from the Rebellion are en route with Rear Admiral Coburn.  The presence of the Rebels on the ship is not an issue now.  Once orders roll down from Rebel Command and Radm Coburn things start to fall into place.  If you start kicking rebs off the ship you're more likely to induce mass panic and a firefight due to you packing them onto stricken ships with hull breaches.

You and Todd and his army of droids are working feverishly to repair the worst of the damage to their ships and yours to get things rolling.  Reactor leaks on a Dreadnought, the Flurry welded back together and systems brought online and a couple other things.  Let them decide to leave of their own accord and things will go more smoothly.  Some rebels are even volunteering to aid in repairs for their ships as well as yours.  There is no ulterior motive here as a GM or the Rebels.  They are under strict orders to combine their efforts with yours.

Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 2nd 2014, 19:23

The 21 retainers is cool as hell.

As far as loading the rebels on to dangerous ships, I wouldn't do that.

If you get a chance PM me that updated list of perks and disadvantages. I have concentration and the nanotech. If you don't have time to send the whole list, maybe just pick some out you think my character would fit/be interested in.
    Guardian
    Guardian
    Minimal Participant
    Minimal Participant

Post  Guardian October 3rd 2014, 11:22

Hey guys - I'm probably not going to make it tomorrow. Started new position this week and I haven't had a spare moment to even read what was posted thus far. I'll try to find some time to review and reply with some input. I saw some new character stuff, so I'll try to review that as well.

Talk soon! Ryan
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 3rd 2014, 19:55

Guardian wrote:Hey guys - I'm probably not going to make it tomorrow.  Started new position this week and I haven't had a spare moment to even read what was posted thus far.  I'll try to find some time to review and reply with some input. I saw some new character stuff, so I'll try to review that as well.  

Talk soon! Ryan

Too bad you can't make it, I was planning on starting the grill fest up again. See you next time.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 6th 2014, 09:33

Here is what we found out last game.

The turmoil in the galaxy is directly tied to the Holonet. Through the holonet someone is able to get full control of almost any ship tied to it. Especially vulnerable are the KDY ships. Any Holonet station built within the last 3 years or so are subject to this. The old style Banking Clan holonet relays are safe for now. Space based stations are manned with a Shadow Fighter (pilot brain tied to a fighter), and the ground based stations have a droid team that will react to any possible threats. The droids we found were an Astromech, a Power droid, a battle droid, and 5 ZQ Infantry Droids.

The Emperor is completely dead, mainly killed by Luke and Anakin but our resident Guard finished him off after he was severed from the force. Apparently the Emperor figured out the Holonet takeover while on the Death Star and tried to counter it.

The Rebels have a full uprising in progress on Correscant but not much they can do else where with the Holonet issues. We have destroyed or disabled every new style holonet array in the sector.
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 6th 2014, 11:51

Is the Rebel uprising then vs. Imperial or are they just vying for planetary control from the local government?

As for the Holonet debacle, where does that leave our faction? For instance, is that refit Victory effected? Regardless, do we have any idea how they did this or if their is a place of origin where the signal comes from?
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 8th 2014, 00:18

Valtorious wrote:Is the Rebel uprising then vs. Imperial or are they just vying for planetary control from the local government?  

As for the Holonet debacle, where does that leave our faction?  For instance, is that refit Victory effected?  Regardless, do we have any idea how they did this or if their is a place of origin where the signal comes from?

The insanity on Coruscant it less the Rebellion and more a civilian riot that has boiled out of control. Almost as if it was instigated and fueled purposefully. The refit Victory Star Destroyers are not affected. The Victory Frigate is immune, its old as hell and not many were ever built.
    Thus far, you know these types of ships are safe:
    Cygnus Shuttle
    Sith Infiltrator
    Victory Frigate
    Victory Star Destroyer Refit
    MC80 Battlecruiser
    Gamma Assault Shuttle
    Ghtroc 720 Type II
    Dreadnought Cruiser
    Nebulon B Frigate (Rebel Medical Frigate)
    Corellian Corvette
    "Flurry" Bulk Freighter

The origin of the signal... It's the Holonet, and the Holonet is vast. As for the point of origin, good luck finding that one Wink!

KDY (Kuat the Shipyard that builds the Imperial Star Destroyers and many other ships) is in ruins.

The Rebel Alliance is currently forming an alliance with what will become the "Pentastar Alliance" (Grand Moff Ardus Kaine and Coburn) an isolationist sect of the Imperial Remnant. With the Emperor dead and gone, the Pentastar Alliance will likely remain viable for a really long time, if not indefinitely. They already have more territory than they originally had and will being shoring up routes to the Modell Sector and Bakura and the systems immediately surrounding them. They are off to a great start with the Rebel Alliance in shoring up an actual partnership/long term alliance. IF either of them survive what is to come. You're likely to play a key role in their, as well as, other government's long term survival.

As yet, whomever is behind the chaos in the galaxy has yet to show their hand. Thought little pieces of the puzzle are beginning to be discovered.

Like the discovery of Admiral Novak. Aaron and Todd encountered this Imperial "Shadow" Admiral on their way back from Byss. He not only spared them, but gave them a bit of intel and some help on the way out. Sending a pair of Interdictor Cruisers with them and letting them keep what they had found on Byss. He seems distant, possibly even disenchanted with his position on an unknown Praetor Class Super Star Destroyer. He made mention of the "Master" and when questioned about it he quietly withdrew to his command chambers.

The group is heading home from KDY with an Imperial II that had its comm array shot off and is, overall, slightly damaged. They will pass through the Rendili system along the way (and possibly other systems) gaining as much intelligence as possible on the way back to Modell Sector.

Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 8th 2014, 13:17

That is how we will continue the next game. A couple places I can think to stop at would be Rendilli, Duro, Corellia, Tapani, and maybe more.
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 9th 2014, 12:10

Who is the commander/captain of the Imperial II we are on?

And this Holonnet signal, so am I to understand it is not a constant signal? Do people retain power over their ships until the person/persons responsible activate whatever it is into the Holonet? And if it is the Holonet....would a ship who turned off their comms (or had their comm array blown off) be impervious to this? And can whoever is responsible dictate which ships they want to control...or is it every ship or none?
    Valtorious
    Valtorious
    Couch Potato
    Couch Potato

Post  Valtorious October 9th 2014, 18:31

Have any of the ship captains tried downloading Avast or Ad-aware?
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 10th 2014, 11:19

Valtorious wrote:Who is the commander/captain of the Imperial II we are on?  

And this Holonnet signal, so am I to understand it is not a constant signal?  Do people retain power over their ships until the person/persons responsible activate whatever it is into the Holonet?  And if it is the Holonet....would a ship who turned off their comms (or had their comm array blown off) be impervious to this?  And can whoever is responsible dictate which ships they want to control...or is it every ship or none?  

Think Wireless Access Points or Hot Spots in Coffee Houses or Internet Cafes.  Save the main difference is that the signal is provided by large stations that blanket entire planetary systems.  So, when they are broadcasting, the coverage is constant and flawless over a large area of space.

The ships that seemingly have been effected the most are KDY ships (though not all of their ships at this point).  Most of the higher end Imperial ships are directly tied/tethered to the holonet.  There are instances of ships that the Rebels have liberated from the Empire with similar issues, just not with their Rebel Medical Frigate (KDY Nebulon-B Frigate) and that reason is not obvious as other rebel KDY ships have fallen prey to the same madness.  Even some older ship designs and some Mon Calamari ships have the issue.  That will require a small amount of investigation.  

Corellian ships have seemingly been unaffected.  

The end result is a LOT of Imperial line ships hammering the living snot out of one another, behaving erratically and even entire fleets have gone missing in hyperspace similar to the disappearance of the Katana Fleet over 200 years ago (200 Dreadnaughts jumped into hyperspace never to be seen again).  

You still need to investigate the level of control and why.

The commander of the Imperial II you guys stole is ... you guys + some crew pulled from the Victory Frigate.

Even Sienar Fleet Systems Capital ships are susceptible (Interdictor cruisers and others possibly)

In other news, some Imperial Victory Star Destroyers are also falling prey to the signal, while others are not.  It's rather hit or miss, and has something to do with refits and such as far as you can tell.  Though all the refit Victory Star Destroyers are seemingly, somewhat, immune.  Though Todd discovered that while connected to the holonet the firewall on even the new Victories is not exempt from the possibility of eventual intrusion.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 14th 2014, 08:50

Valtorious wrote:Have any of the ship captains tried downloading Avast or Ad-aware?

Only Mancorn can be used as an antivirus.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor Empty Cutscene - Shadow Operatives

Post  LegendaryExGamer October 14th 2014, 10:53

Admiral Novak descends into manual turbo shafts on on his flagship, into an undocumented compartment of the ship.  Activating a couple devices, he taps into the hull of the vessel as if it were a transmitter to amplify the signal.  

An odd message is entered into the transmitter "Asset Activated. Target(s): Droid, Lieutenant, Guardsman.  Authorized Action(s): Shadow, Shield, Fire Mission.  Objective(s): Intel, Aid, Obfuscation.  Support: Non-Existant.  Personal Status: Dismissal."  The message is then sent

Returning to the Bridge Admiral Novak issues the order "Prepare for hyperspace jump, we have lingered here too long.  Head to the pre-ordained coordinates"

Upon entering his ready room, he codes a signal into his data pad, a chamber reveals itself.  There he kneels upon a dias and projects his likeness across the stars "The plan is proceeding as you have forseen my master."  the visage that is indeterminate, always shifting and never manifesting of a solid form on the other end of the connection answers "No, Admiral, there has been a disruption in our efforts in Modell."  Novak answers "This was to be expected, after we realized that Coburn entered the area with the remnants of the Rebel Alliance.  Kaine's influence here has locked us from the sector."  

There is a hissing sound, dripping with anger from the other end of the holo call "You deflect Admiral, I know the root of this infection.  The last of HIS loyal servants, soon to be the last of sentients and the field commander, all traitors to the Imperium.  They should have laid down and died like the rest of their kin.  I have the matter in hand, I have dispatched several of my agents to deal with this lingering menace directly.  Proceed to the preordained coordinates."

"As you have so commanded, I have already complied." Novak says, the connection ended he walks back into his ready room, dropping his composure, exhausted.  The probes of the master into his mind aging him each and every time.  Sitting heavily in his command chair, he weighs the repercussions of his betrayal, aiding the "lingering menace" as the Master calls them.  Then he utters to himself, the statements of his Grandfather and father before him, in service of this Shadow Master, "I know now, with certainty, who I am... But I'll be damned if I ever know the point."
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen October 14th 2014, 12:49

Interesting, a few little tidbits there to think about. We have our work cut out for us.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 22:17