Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Resume Star Wars
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 16:02 by LegendaryExGamer

» We will call this new game: Star Wars Executor
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyDecember 17th 2014, 08:28 by Xeen

» NPC Allies of Star Wars Executor
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 13:37 by LegendaryExGamer

» Dark Trooper Repair Droid version 1
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyOctober 21st 2014, 14:04 by Xeen

» Vaul Ferros, Ronin
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 04:05 by Disco_Lemonade

» Star Wars Executor
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyOctober 14th 2014, 17:12 by LegendaryExGamer

» Star Wars Executor
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 17:21 by LegendaryExGamer

» Clan Campaign
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyAugust 14th 2014, 20:44 by Xeen

» The Battle of KDY and Centerpoint Station (pirates game)
Imperial Hero Communication Thread EmptyJuly 28th 2014, 16:53 by LegendaryExGamer

Navigation

2 posters

Imperial Hero Communication Thread

LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Imperial Hero Communication Thread Empty Imperial Hero Communication Thread

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 10th 2013, 10:59

For Character interactions
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Imperial Hero Communication Thread Empty Re: Imperial Hero Communication Thread

Post  Xeen May 13th 2013, 01:14

Elrood: My Thoughts...

Keep our capital ships hidden till needed.
    Send out fighter strike squadrons.
    Harrass the enemy until they are so frustrated that they give up.
    Send out strike teams to capture or destroy ships, and destroy ground bases.

Chris, send out some information to my character about what you have seen in Elrood and any map locations and etc. I may be able to keep the Rebel fleet from being eaten. By this time, Arno is with your fleet, just cloaked. I wont have him interact with you but he will be observing till I can find out what Grant was up to here.

Three things for Arno to do next game:
    1) Wait to hear from Admiral Clearwater (Chris' character I think) (could become 2 and 3 if he doesnt contact me)
    2) Get in touch with the commander of the World Devestator, and make specific target designations for it. Arno would prefer it does not eat the Imperial fleet... unless necessary (out of other food) Strip mined words would be my first choice.
    3) Start traveling to locations known by the Ancient Astromech Droid.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 13th 2013, 04:45

Im going to talk with Sara a bit, but I think her character will probably keep doing what she did last game.

1) Pirating the New Republic
    2) Recruiting Pirates/Smugglers/other underworld types
    3) Making underworld contacts

In the end I think she will be an Crime Lord.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 13th 2013, 09:54

Xeen wrote:Im going to talk with Sara a bit, but I think her character will probably keep doing what she did last game.

1) Pirating the New Republic
    2) Recruiting Pirates/Smugglers/other underworld types
    3) Making underworld contacts

In the end I think she will be an Crime Lord.

I think this will work out really well for her. She will end up building a "pirate fleet" at the rate she is moving and likely become a privateer for the Empire against Warlords\New Republic\etc
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 14th 2013, 23:47

I will have to change my plans for next game. Instead of the 3 things. Im going to grab a fleet and ground troops to go to Rendilli. Sara will be joining me so we can hit them hard.

I may have to talk to BelIblis and see if he wants to join us. Doubt he will but you never know. Maybe even Rogue squadron, but I doubt it since they now have Chris' old fighter pilots... they are probably kinda pissed off at us.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 15th 2013, 10:10

Xeen wrote:I will have to change my plans for next game. Instead of the 3 things. Im going to grab a fleet and ground troops to go to Rendilli. Sara will be joining me so we can hit them hard.

I may have to talk to BelIblis and see if he wants to join us. Doubt he will but you never know. Maybe even Rogue squadron, but I doubt it since they now have Chris' old fighter pilots... they are probably kinda pissed off at us.

Bel Iblis and Rogue Squadron will, likely, not join you. However, it's never going to stop them from working with you, effectively, as allies. It's rather clear, though, that there are some serious disagreements going on in the New Republic.

You never know, though, so definitely talk to them about it.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 15th 2013, 21:23

Is our Eclipse the 36km version as pictured in the gallery?

Damn, I still need to pick up the Rad Troopers and the Repulsor Troops.

I know how we can convince Issard to join us. We can show up with a nice sized fleet that we will be taking to Eriadu. Add in the bulk cruiser with an Ion cannon and "convince" her. We will basically give her no choice.

Empress Tarkin can convince Sluis Van and Yag'Dul to join up with us, or we can take them if needed but I doubt they will say no. The Sluisi and Givin people will all have plenty of work when they join us. Both homeworlds have shipyards and both races are great spacers. Great engineers and navigators added to our Empire will do us well.

Then we add in Thyferra, and the credits will flow.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 16th 2013, 14:35

Xeen wrote:Is our Eclipse the 36km version as pictured in the gallery?

Damn, I still need to pick up the Rad Troopers and the Repulsor Troops.

I know how we can convince Issard to join us. We can show up with a nice sized fleet that we will be taking to Eriadu. Add in the bulk cruiser with an Ion cannon and "convince" her. We will basically give her no choice.

Empress Tarkin can convince Sluis Van and Yag'Dul to join up with us, or we can take them if needed but I doubt they will say no. The Sluisi and Givin people will all have plenty of work when they join us. Both homeworlds have shipyards and both races are great spacers. Great engineers and navigators added to our Empire will do us well.

Then we add in Thyferra, and the credits will flow.

The Eclipse is the 36Km version... It will take awhile to finish.

The Ion Cannon is currently on Lanthrym

Tarkin won't have an issue convincing those two places to join.

You can pick up the Rad Troopers & Repulsor Regiment if you don't head to Rendili immediately.

Thrawn is already on his way, because his slowest ship is a Class 3 hyperdrive... In place of the Another chance and the Medium Transport he has a Acclamator II and an Acclamator I. (he left the Venators for mobile fleet defense)

You can do the Isard thing in game, it will not be easy. There is no communication in or out of the system. The system is also interdicted on multiple fronts. There is a large Super there in addition to any other system assets that were already there. You have little to no intelligence on the area. Taking a fleet would get you killed, perhaps you should scout it in a Stealth Ship...
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 21st 2013, 19:41

LegendaryExGamer wrote: Taking a fleet would get you killed, perhaps you should scout it in a Stealth Ship...

I wont go anywhere without scouting in a stealth ship.
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 23rd 2013, 20:49

death star stuff:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ds/hangars.html
    This is for the first death star, the second is much bigger but it talks about the second death star having 10k fighters as the first has 7.2k.

The starships listed in the blueprints are:
    Hangars for:

6 Star Destroyers
    10 Battleships
    39 Heavy Cruisers
    17 Light Cruisers
    81 Fighter Tenders
    190 Troop Transports
    714 Corvettes
    509 Tanker Drones
    4 Strike Cruisers
    3600 Assault Shuttles
    2840 Blastboats
    1860 Drop-Ships
    13000 Support Craft

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ds/rpg.html
    Stats for all 3

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star_II
    here has other stats

Last edited by Xeen on May 24th 2013, 04:39; edited 1 time in total
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 24th 2013, 04:36

LegendaryExGamer wrote:
    Xeen wrote:They are making everything for the New Republic, at least thats what you told me.

If they are still making Imperial ships that are going to someone else, thats news to me.

As for stealing ships from them... I dont see a problem with it. It just screws over them and the New Republic (or the Emperor if they are still building for him.) Besides, they have sent a massive fleet out to hunt me down, and put a bounty on my head. (and they will be hit by a droid army too)

If your just going to make it easy, then maybe I shouldnt do it... Dont try to whisper sweat nothings in my ear while trying to bend me over lol.

And yeah, thats a good idea, force them to Rendilli in the middle of the battle... force them to fight there.

I said they aligned with the New Republic because of your actions, for protection. very similar to what Lianna did because of Clearwater showing up.

You can steal whatever you want, from whomever you want to. As usual, there are consequences for instant gratification.

Yes, it's going to be damn easy with a cloaking device and a "God Engineer" in your personal employ.

I didn't say anything about who they are doing business with.

I am not telling you to NOT do anything, I welcome anything you want to pursue. I will however send out an occasional word of caution. This is not the same as in Eric Wojo's games where it just became a "no", it is simply me telling you that I will do something in response and it might be something you will easily wipe out or it might be something that could kill you and everyone around you. The bigger the heist, the bigger the risk.

Brought this over from the Rendilli thread since it wont happen with the Rendilli fight. Im going to add to the virus for a bit before implementation. It will probably go into effect after next game.

I want to speak to mikey and evolve the virus. Next thing is to add a hyperdrive safety overide and a Inertial Damper modification. Once the Virus is in full swing, and taking any ship to the target location... the Inertial Damper will be turned down to a level that will "splat" the crew but not harm the ship. Of course the Hyperdrive safeties will also need to be modified so that it will go to hyperspace speed with the dampers affected.

Mikey may need to modify the dampers only enough to throw the crew around and not kill them... Not sure, it will be up to him... as too much may damage the ship. I will let him do the numbers and figure it out. It may affect the cargo of the ship, and thats fine.

I also want to build in the signal to be received in subspace. Im not sure how this will work, may need to be received by the holonet. The signal needs to be receivable anywhere in the galaxy... as I expect it to go into effect years down the road.

Which leads me to stealth... The virus needs to remain hiden... for a very extensive length of time. Mikey needs to tell me if this is even possible.

So in theory, ships are built at KDY, droids and ships are infected, the ships leave for service and in turn infect new droids added to the ship, those droids move about and infect other stations and ships, passing around the fleet and support ships of whoever KDY is selling to from their main yards.

I dont know if this is even really possible, Mikey needs to talk to me about it. If he thinks he can do it no probelm, then we will and use it later. If he thinks it will be found too soon, then we scrap the lengthy timed plan.

Edit: had to change the text color of your original quote of me to black as it was yellow and unable to read it with that background
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Imperial Hero Communication Thread Empty Super Virus

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 24th 2013, 09:51

The super virus concept is great, but this implementation is not going to work. Unless a capital ship is slave rigged, all orders are issued manually. If a navigational operator inputs navigational coordinates, and the route is wrong, they will know something is up. If they jump in the wrong direction, they will know something is up.

As far as cracking the data core on the Imperial Class vessels, Good luck. An Imperial Hand has "access" and can disable things on the ship from working, but not alter anything other than log and database information.

Implementing a spy program, or something that disables key systems on each ship is much more feasible. The spread of the virus is contingent upon how often the KDY people have their droids wiped, and that will happen regularly. Thus, the chance for detection will increase exponentially.

You initially wanted a super virus that would render the ships yours, like a super car key. That's fine, but all you're going to be able to do is turn the thing on and off, turn its windshield wipers and radio on and off. You need the manual component to actually plot the course and then a monkey to flip the switch. Two separate stations on the bridge, which incidentally is a massive area.

Helm and Navigation. (Engineering still accesses both areas of the ship, and while it can be done from there, its a bit easier but still open to detection) as Then you would want Sensors to misreport course, so another location. Holonet access is key if you want the virus implementation to trigger on anything other than predetermined variables. Subspace is just too damn slow.

Now Holonet access requires a further level of intrusion, as you will be invading a different network controlled by a foreign power and you also have to hack the New Republic Network. You have to hack any Holonet Way Station the signal goes through and you will need a "Super Key" just to do that part of the equation.

It all can be done, but what is Mikey and the rest of your computer engineering team supposed to be doing, hacking the internet to steal ships or designing better shit for your empire? Pick one or the other, because all the cool shit you're developing stops when you hack KDY.

Now, if you stick with your original plan of inserting a virus into certain ships, LOCALLY, while in a frickin STEALTH SHIP... And then you drop a commando team (a couple guys) to each ship, it's super freaking easy to pull off.

Yes, chances of detection go up massively but you're gonna get your ships.

The real problem is that you are dealing with a business that has no budget, and your empire does. KDY currently has more money than all the planets and governments in the galaxy combined. As for when a droid army will show up at KDY, that's anyone's guess. Besides, you don't even know if it will happen.

The Ships don't just go to the emperor, they are going to any world that has the clout and money to afford a KDY ship. Some are going to New Republic Worlds, most New Republic Ships however are being constructed off site at a "Black Site". Some are going to warlords, others are simply armed cargo vessels for distribution of parts, weaponry and such to other KDY facilities and partners throughout the galaxy.
    KDY builds for everyone, so again I caution you about screwing with them.

Rendili also builds for everyone, but they are screwed. So, that means everyone is no longer being served. Incom used to build for everyone, but they main HQ is vaporized.

Focusing on preserving Rendili's people is really a better thought. However, there are inherent issues with even that. Rendili's people will never leave, unless the planet is destroyed. Rendili still has enough money to spend the next 100 years have some Ithorian scientist team sow the shattered pieces of their world back together and re-terraform whatever they re-create. Moving them to Tapani is only a temporary thing.

Rendili is a side show, however, Fondor won't be a side show it will be the main event. Rendili is actually gone... You can save the planet, but how long do you think it will take to actually get their production up and running again anyway?

Why the hell do you even need the shit from KDY or Rendili anyway?

The Empire - is building its own warships, and competently and more advanced, IN HOUSE. You are hammering out ships compared to most other places and refitting old shit to be more than a match for ships 2-3 times their size. Not certain why you are so worried about stealing a couple ships.

Things are dire right now, you know with 24,000+ Imperial Star Destroyers running around hammering the snot out of things. However, I never said your borders were not holding. Are you in the process of expansion? Yes, Kathol and Elrood are on the map.

Can you ever hold Rendili? No way in hell. Debris field or no and Deathstar III or no, it cannot be done. It's defensive network is fracked. Its current economy is fracked.

Overall, do what you want to do. I won't stop you. I'm just here to make it more challenging and possibly even to try to kill you if you really go bananas.

You are so worried about stealing shit... I am not so certain why, when 2 games ago you told me how damn much you wanted to become a Sith Lord... Choose your path. You can be working on up to 3 things per game but that cannot be 1. Sith Lord 2. Steal everyone's ships 3. Hunt clues and research technology for overstory

You can pick one FOCUS and then if you want to do other shit, your people really need to do that FOR you.

Last edited by LegendaryExGamer on May 24th 2013, 10:35; edited 1 time in total
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Imperial Hero Communication Thread Empty Other items

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 24th 2013, 10:15

Clarification on the "three task limit" some people can get all three things they want to get developed, done per game. Like Chris McHugh(I think I typed that right), he has reasonable fricking goals! One he is a starfigher Engineer (as in he himself is one), so drafting and designing a starfighter is something that will take time. He will likely go through a dozen prototypes of different concepts before settling on the super ship.

Also working on his power suit is super freaking reasonable, because he's an engineer.

He's working on networking with people, which is reasonable because this is a roleplaying game.

They are all attainable goals.

Stealing a fleet of warships from one of the most heavily guarded places in the entire galaxy is not easy. Jumping those ships out under gravity wells is not going to be easy. They are guarded by security teams which must be neutralized, etc.

Slapping a KDY Planetary Defender on a Capital ship is not easy... If you guys want to do that, make it an engineering priority.

Showing up at rendili with a Deathstar and vaporizing the enemy fleet, is easy.

Crewing the Deathstar appropriately will take Months if you want there to be any level of security involved at all. (but that does not prevent it from showing up art rendili and vaporizing the enemy fleet)

Becoming a Sith Lord... That is gonna take singular purpose, and a shitload of time. We can do that, in and by story alone.

Like I said, its time for you guys to step away from your main characters for a while if you want to. They're going to get a helluva lot more accomplished if you each just hand me a list of what you are doing and what your companions are doing.

If you still want to be involved in every, individual, aspect of the games as I throw them out constantly (I will have at least one major event per game) you will never have time to do anything. The galaxy is living and dying and heroes are rising and falling each and every game, you guys cannot do it all.

The Elrood and Kathol games are supposed to be lower key, more dangerous fun that reflects character building, team building and just pure fun without high stakes.

I will be forcing you guys into the other aspects of the campaign, so you can experience other things, see the whole story and do more than you are doing. It's how the season breaks up. We're talking about spanning 15 years in season 1... We can barely get the story to progress to the end of year 1 at this point. Thus the focus of your main characters must shift. You either take leadership roles or go solo at this point because the your empire either needs you or doesn't give a rats ass about you anymore.

It's grown beyond you all, because of your actions to build it.

So you can choose to stay active as an agent of your empire or do your own thing

To further story, I will explore the other stories after Kathol is concluded.

Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 24th 2013, 15:13

The reason Im working on trying to steal ships is simple... We are supposed to get ass raped in season 1, 2, and 3.

We have the New Republic who can build fleets faster then we can even conceive of... An Emperor with more Death Star Super Lasers then ever. Sullustans with a massive fleet. Droid armies destroying a world that can defend itself against most governments. Oh and an undead creating super thing.

Did I forget something?

So yeah, with 10 out of 25k Star Destroyers... we need more. Or we just pull back to Tapani and turtle up.

Im not putting much time at all into that idea. Just throwing up a couple ideas to see if feasable or not. Didnt figure they were, but worth a discussion.

Mikey can do whatever the hell he wants to do. Originally he was supposed to adventure with us, now he is in a lab doing research.

Do I want to do the Sith Lord thing? Yep. Lately youve been trying to get me to atone... So not sure which way Im going yet... Also all these important things keep popping up that are distracting my goals. So I cant exactly study Sith stuff as a focused goal when I have to run around everywhere putting out fires. Granted I can study while in hyperspace, but thats kind of interupted, no way to complete training.

So what Ill do then... And am not changing it...

The Deathstar III is the new training base. Im gonig to load up the stealth ship, grab up the people in line for training, and disappear for a few years. I have picked up enough NPC's and support people, and provided enough ships and supplies... They can all do it now. I will be accessable if needed through holonet. The Deathstar can show up and scare people now and again. Past that, the only people I trust to not destroy the Deathstar or take it on a rampage will be onboard with me training.

I have given the Empire enough. Either it succeeds or fails at this point.
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Imperial Hero Communication Thread Empty It's the end of the Galaxy, we're all going to die!!!!!!

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 24th 2013, 16:40

Yeah, a lot of shit is going on in the galaxy. You don't have to be the one to put out all the fires. I never expected you to. I post all the stories and shit because it's going on in the galaxy, whether or not you do anything about it.

I am NOT attempting to get you to atone. I could give a shit. Become Dr. Evil, I don't care. Buy a cat, that loses all it's hair in space and do the pinky thing. Not a big deal.

I said you COULD atone and go and kill the super villain boss/monster. I already have an NPC that can do that in story anyway, so not a big deal. The NPC (Corwin) will kill the baddie, freeing your old boss and the countless gazillion other people it's eaten.

The Emperor always had a shit ton of stuff, just look at the storehouse on Coruscant for example.

Your Empire is Hunkering down, holding Modell Sector, Tapani, Sisar and looking to gobble Elrood and Kathol and the Kathol Outback is no small feat for a "rags to riches" Imperial Growth strategy.

Your Empire has the LUXURY & Misfortune of hunkering down because: 1. You have great resource bases & you guys made your empires rich with your adventures (rather than yourselves). 2. Clearwater killed Ackbar - It screwed you guys and made you basically, the enemy of the entire civilized galaxy (aside from other Imperials of course).

The New Republic is building new ships BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. Seeing as one F'ing Victory Star Destroyer vaporized 12 of their ships in a heartbeat.... Yeah, they have pretty damn good motivation to build better shit.

Yes, they occupy many of the Heavy Hitting Shipyards and Core Systems. However, that kind of had a helluva lot to do with Individual Player Choices.

I have yet to even field anything new from the New Republic against your empire. It appears the "threat" of change is enough to drive you guys to do insane shit in the name of a threat that has yet to manifest.

Yeah, there are Thousands upon thousands of Star Destroyers that are completely ignoring your Empire because it is DUG IN AND a Logistical nightmare to assault. They are beating the shit out of other targets.

The Emperor doesn't even come into play until something like the 15-20 Year marker of the story. I already said He's in the Second season (and really only at the end of that story...). Season two could be 5 years or it could be 15, depending upon what you guys do.

The Super Droids and the Super Races cannot be defeated by anything conventionally built. Stealing more star destroyers won't do you much good unless you line up your entire fleet and all have them focus fire at one target, assuming it's not dodging.

The Superlaser on anything you have, is insanely more effective at dealing with these issues, the problem is that it has a really good likelihood of missing... more than once.

Taking the Deathstar and leaving to Train, good luck with that. The NPCs in the game will fight for it. Because it's not yours. It's property of the Empire. If you want to take the Jedi to go train somewhere safe, you already have 3-4 Capital ships (of your own) and you can pick a rock way the hell away from any conflict and train them.

Besides, the Deathstar CANNOT be hidden once you start flying it around the galaxy. Everyone is gonna come gunning for it in one capacity or another.

if you guys actually give a damn about your empire, you will let the 2 Mollecular furnaces and the World devestator eat your Deathstar and build a "free fleet" out of the damn thing. I'm sorry, but 320-640 or so Of your new Star Destroyer Model + Thousands of Tapani War Frigates and Corvettes built at no material cost.... You could kill a dozen Deathstars with them once built.

Do whatever you want, the galaxy is not going to implode if you don't do everything...
    LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Imperial Hero Communication Thread Empty Dethstars

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 24th 2013, 16:50

One last bit about the Deathstar... It requires a LOT of crew. It's insane to disappear with it. Think Star Destroyer and imagine most of the ship breaking down in weeks and or months without a proper crew. It's a waste of resources to disappear with it, not to mention it requires protection, you know... 25,000 Star Destroyers all converging on it would be very, very bad...
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen May 24th 2013, 19:03

Well... yeah it wouldnt be a bad idea to have the Death Star eaten for more ships... But there are plenty of other things to eat as well. The left over fleet and Endor, Useless planetoids drifting in space, asteroid belts like whats at Hoth, and so on. If we were desperate for recources and had no way to get them, we could eat the death star. Until then, its too valuable to destroy.

Ill park the damn thing at Fondor with the massive defense fleet there. Put Lena in charge while I fly off in my stealth ship and become a Sith Lord.

LegendaryExGamer
    LegendaryExGamer
    Admin

Imperial Hero Communication Thread Empty Eating stuff

Post  LegendaryExGamer May 25th 2013, 00:43

Xeen wrote:Well... yeah it wouldnt be a bad idea to have the Death Star eaten for more ships... But there are plenty of other things to eat as well. The left over fleet and Endor, Useless planetoids drifting in space, asteroid belts like whats at Hoth, and so on. If we were desperate for recources and had no way to get them, we could eat the death star. Until then, its too valuable to destroy.

Ill park the damn thing at Fondor with the massive defense fleet there. Put Lena in charge while I fly off in my stealth ship and become a Sith Lord.

It is super valuable, and its the best asset I can give your Empire though everyone will want to take it or destroy it...
    Xeen
    Xeen
    Commander
    Commander

Post  Xeen June 6th 2013, 04:15

I am an Imperial and I am communicating.

Anyway... Waiting for more input from the other guys.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 19:21